Many of you are back from a weekend of presidential photo-ops, Rotary Fellowship, and feasting at the Grove Park Inn, and you’ll be glad to know Lisa Watts will present our program at Gate City Rotary tomorrow. Lisa is Director of Development for GO FAR Club. Diane Leonard will introduce her. Here’s a little info on GO FAR from their website:
GO FAR Club is:
- A 10-week comprehensive fitness program initiated to help combat childhood obesity,
- A 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization based in High Point, N.C.
- designed for children of all abilities,
- A curriculum that teaches children -- and adults -- how to set goals, reach goals and successfully complete a 5K run or walk/run,
- A program to promote healthy eating habits, with samples,
- A program to promote good character,
- a flexible program that can be offered in the classroom, during a summer camp, or as an after- school program,
- A fun way for adults to encourage children and serve as positive role models great fun!
I heard that Wilder Person is on the short list of new hires for the Secret Service, so don’t be surprised if Chip trades in his Hummer for a Black Suburban with tinted windows, battering ram, etc. Am sure Chip will fill us in tomorrow. Bring your stories of presidential sightings, autographed photos, and Happy Dollars.
This will be a great program to invite a guest to.
100% attendance is easier than you think.
NOTE: Posted from Jonathan Smith's email